Québec Government Office in Los Angeles
The following tabs will change page context.
The Québec Government Office in Los Angeles promotes the interests of Québec in the following sectors: business, investment, government institutions, education, culture and public affairs. Inaugurated in 1970, the Office serves the Western America, which includes 13 States.
Public and Political Affairs
- To ensure relations with political institutions and regional organizations;
- to provide linkage between Québec and American officials during trade and political missions;
- to provide information on Québec to the general public, businesses, government and the media;
- to provide liaison with local, regional and specialized media;
- to monitor regional issues of interest to Québec;
- to promote Québec studies and Québec culture in American universities and develop relations between these institutions and potential Québec partners;
- to organize and promote appearances and exhibitions by Québec artists on the territory and by artists from the Western States at cultural events in Québec.
- to prepare market studies and provide strategic information on the West America market to Québec companies;
- to provide guidance and information on Québec's business environment (taxation, regulations, etc.) and on government assistance for investment to businesses and investors from the Western United States;
- to foster partnerships and strategic alliances between Québec and American businesses;
- to provide information and assistance to Québec businesses seeking buyers, distributors and potential partners;
- to organize seminars and conferences on trade between Québec and the U.S.;
- to monitor regional economic and market trends;
- to attend the major trade shows and economic events on the territory.
- is both a financial institution and an economic development agency;
- helps companies planning to expand operations in key sectors of the modern economy locate in Québec by providing information, support, financing and access to customized tax measures;
- also provides a wide range of services to international corporations with Québec-basedsubsidiaries;
- operates 13 offices worldwide, including one in Los Angeles from which it has been serving the US West Coast since 2004.
- New Mexico
Head of mission
Québec Government Representative
Alain Houde has been Québec’s Delegate in Los Angeles since March 2011. In this capacity, he represents Québec in 13 western US states, including California, Arizona, Washington and Nevada.
A graduate of the HEC Montréal business school (École des hautes études commerciales de Montréal), Mr. Houde has dedicated himself to Québec’s economic development since 1986. After a seven-year career in the private sector, he joined the Québec government in 1993 and held various managerial positions within the Ministère du Développement économique, de l’Innovation et de l’Exportation (Department of Economic Development, Innovation and Export Trade - MDEIE) and Transformation alimentaire Québec (TRANSAQ), in which he helped Québec develop trade relations with the United States and Asian countries such as Japan, China, India and South Korea. His other duties included promoting foreign investments in Québec, supporting local products, developing export markets for Québec food products and heading MDEIE activities on the island of Montreal. In addition, he oversaw the organization of the economic components of the Québec-China mission in 2005 and the Québec-India mission in 2006, and helped create the prestigious Forum of Heads of Foreign Companies in Québec event, which was held for the fifth time in 2013.
Mr. Houde has been a member of the boards of directors of the Québec-Japan Business Forum and the Conseil de promotion de l’agroalimentaire québécois (Québec Agri-Food Promotion Council - Aliments du Québec). He currently sits on the board of directors of the Western Climate Initiative, Inc.
Alain Houde and his spouse, Martine Renaud, have two children, Renaud and Émile, who were born in Montreal.
Québec Government Office in Los Angeles
10940 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024
- Québec Government Office in Los Angeles - How to get there
- Québec Government Office in Los Angeles - Website
Phone:+1 310 824 4173
Fax:+1 310 824 7759