Québec Government Office in London
The following tabs will change page context.
The Québec Government Office in London was opened in 1962. It represents the Québec government in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and the Nordic Countries.
- Establish and maintain relations with elected officials, ministerial offices, political parties and the representatives of government departments, agencies and institutions that maintain links with Québec, at the level of the national or regional governments in the territory covered;
- conduct political analyses and monitor activities in the territory covered that may have implications for Québec.
- Coordinate educational cooperation programs between Québec and the British Council, namely the monitor exchange program and the international program for teacher development, as well as cooperation in the field of science and technology.
Public and political affairs
- Present and explain all aspects of Québec to clients in the territory covered by disseminating information and offering advice and support to journalists and the media;
- Coordinate the public affairs activities of the General Delegation;
- produce the news items, press releases, press kits and publications of the General Delegation;
- encourage cooperation and exchanges between university faculty members and students in Québec and in the territory covered;
- promote the development of Québec studies programs.
- Develop the local demand for Québec cultural products by taking part in market conditioning, product placement, skills exchange, networking, partnership, sales and marketing activities.
- Increase the number of Québec firms exporting to the United Kingdom, the Irish Republic and the Nordic countries, and the volume of exports;
- promote investment in Québec among the seven countries in the territory covered;
- maintain ongoing links with firms from Great Britain, Ireland and the Nordic countries that are currently established in Québec;
- monitor trends in policy and commercial and technical practices in the target countries, and report changes to the Government and to the bodies, companies and individuals concerned in Québec.
- is both a financing institution and an economic development agency;
- offers financial products and tax measures to companies wishing to expand their business internationally;
- helps these companies find a location that suits their needs and forge strategic alliances with local partners ;
- has an office in London that serves companies from the United Kingdom and Scandinavian countries since 2004.
- United Kingdom
- Republic of Ireland
- Nordic Countries (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland)
Head of mission
Stéphane Paquet assumed his duties in December 2012 after working in the media sector for over 20 years.
From 1991 to 2001, he was a reporter, copy editor and assignment editor at Radio-Canada television in the Maritimes, Regina and Montréal. He subsequently turned to print media, specializing in economic journalism. He began at Le Soleil in Québec City in the fall of 2001 before joining La Presse in Montréal where he worked from 2003 to 2010.
He became assistant publisher and editor-in-chief at the Les Affaires Group (TC Media) in the fall of 2010. In that capacity, he was responsible for the Les Affaires weekly, A+ Magazine and the LesAffaires.com website. He also took part in strategic discussions concerning the Les Affaires Group.
Mr. Paquet received a fellowship to participate in the U.S. Department of State’s Young Leaders Program. He holds a Graduate Diploma in World Politics from the London School of Economics and Political Science as well as an MA in communication from Université du Québec à Montréal and was a lecturer at Université de Montréal.
Stéphane Paquet and his partner are the fathers of two children.
Québec Government Office in London
59 Pall Mall
Londres SW1Y 5JH
Phone:+44 207 766 5900
Fax:+44 207 930 7938