Rio+20: Call for projects and accreditation — Reminder
The Government of Québec invites civil society organizations to submit their projects if they wish to receive funding for their participation in the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, also called Rio+20, which will be held in Brazil from June 20 to 22, 2012. The goal is to promote strong and diverse participation in this major international meeting on sustainable development.
- Represent a Québec civil society organization (excluding government and economic agencies and organizations) with proven expertise in sustainable development
- Demonstrate on the application form that the partners are able to carry out the project in its entirely and within budget
- File a complete application
- Meet the May 4, 2012 filing deadline
Evaluation of projects
A selection committee composed of government and university representatives will evaluate the projects. Decisions will be based on the following criteria:
- Overall relevance of the project vis-à-vis the R+20 Conference, that is, the green economy in a context of sustainable development and poverty eradication as well as the institutional framework for sustainable development
- Benefits for the recipient of the funding
- Overall quality of the project (structure, feasibility, presentation, budget and follow-up)
- Cofinancing by the organization and other partners
Financial support versus accreditation
Please note that the call for projects provides for financial support for participation by Québec civil society. It does not provide for accreditation. All Québec civil society representatives interested in taking part in the Conference are responsible for their own accreditation; only representatives of the federal, provincial and territorial governments are accredited within the Canadian delegation.
The Conference accreditation period for civil society groups ended on February 20, 2012. Preregistration for representatives of groups that are already accredited with the United Nations is under way, and will end on May 20, 2012. We advise groups that are not yet accredited to contact organizations that are already recognized by the United Nations.
Information – Call for projects Rio+20 (in French)
Rio+20 – United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development
Useful information — visas, accommodation, etc.