Québec Mines 2012 – Québec mining sector’s expertise generates interest among international delegates
Reception for international delegates and consular representatives at the Convention Centre, Tuesday, November 27.
The Québec Mines Convention, held at the Québec City Convention Centre from November 26 to 29, 2012, attracted nearly 6,000 participants. Organizers were pleased by the event’s resounding success. The convention, whose theme was “Of Mines and Men: A theme that focuses on the human aspect,” was organized by the Ministère des Ressources naturelles in collaboration with several partners in the mining field.
In parallel to the conference, the Ministère des Ressources naturelles held a consultation meeting with partners to devise the international component of Québec Mines planned for 2013. The component will focus on sharing best practices in responsible mineral development and will help promote the wide array of study and career opportunities in mining. As a result, it will enable Québec to showcase its expertise to a number of countries and states and establish mutually beneficial cooperative relations.
The convention’s next edition will take place from November 11 to 14, 2013 and will feature La Francophonie.
For more information about Québec Mines:Québec mines
Left to right in photo:
• François Boutin, Coordinator, International and Intergovernmental Affairs, MRN
• Jocelyn Tremblay, West Africa and Central Africa Desk Officer, MRIFCE
• Jean Carrier, Director General, Institut national des mines du Québec
• Robert Jeansoulain, Science and Technology Attaché, Consulate General of France in Montréal
• Michael Zotov, Deputy Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Russia in Montréal
• Vénétia Sauvain, International and Intergovernmental Affairs Advisor, MRN
• Jean-Pierre Loucas, Economic and Commercial Attaché, Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
• Alice Henry, Audit and Investigation Director, Tax Directorate, Burkina Faso
• Daniel de Patoul, Economic and Commercial Attaché, Walloon Region, Belgium
• Jessica Moffet, International and Intergovernmental Affairs Advisor, MRN
• Robert Marquis, Associate Deputy Minister of Mines, MRN
• Frédéric Arsenault, Economic and Technological Attaché, Bavarian Representation in Québec
• Céline Yonaba, Director, Large Businesses, Tax Directorate, Burkina Faso
• Anthony Kish, Coordination and Intergovernmental Relations Advisor, MRN
• Robert Giguère, Interim Director General, Géologie Québec, MRN