Québec cosmetics industry showcased in Paris
The Québec booth in the Cosmetic Valley space at Beyond Beauty 2013 in Paris (photo DGQP)
Seven Québec cosmetic and beauty products companies participated in the 11th Beyond Beauty 2013 Tradeshow from September 9 to 11, which showcased 230 brands, half of which were from outside France.
A profitable presence
A number of one-on-one meetings were held with potential French partners, customers and distributors. Tangible results have already been obtained including:
- Firm sales totalling $40,000
- Industrial agreements reached
- Several sales intermediaries recruited
- Major spin-offs in terms of future sales
The September 12 and 13Belgian leg of this mission also yielded positive results. Thanks to support from the economic team at the Québec General Delegation in Brussels, promising business opportunities are taking shape for Québec companies Boréaceutique and Nelly De Vuyst, whose products were originally developed in Belgium.
Participating Québec companies
- Arclay: Creates and manufactures cosmetic and functional active ingredients derived from sustainable and innovative agricultural practices
- Boréaceutique : Possesses solid expertise in bioactive ingredients derived from plants from Québec’s boreal forest
- Dans un jardin: Develops and manufactures products (over 20 complete product lines for the senses and skin care) for women, men, children, and babies
- Hubmar: Manufactures aromatherapy diffusers and accessories
- IDC: Advocates an integrated approach for targeting the effects of skin aging (products with a high concentration of active ingredients)
- Delon Laboratories: Manufacturers skin and hair care products
- Nelly De Vuyst Laboratories: Manufacturers face and body care products, specializes in the spa market
Jean-Michel Garro, Business Development Manger, Life Sciences, Québec International; Yves Lafortune, Supervisor, Economic and Commercial Affairs, Québec Government Office in Paris; and Marc-Antoine Jamet, President, Cosmetic Valley, and Secretary General, Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Group (photo DGQP).
Québec Government Office in Paris
Québec General Delegation in Brussels